Vision and Aims
Elvetham Heath Primary School is a positive and supportive learning community where each child is helped to develop academic skills, qualities of character and a ‘growth mindset’ to enable them to become successful citizens in tomorrow’s world.
The School will:
- Provide a well-organised, stimulating and secure learning environment in which children’s previous knowledge is challenged and enhanced, and where effort is acknowledged and celebrated.
- Plan and teach an inspiring curriculum with numeracy and literacy skills at the heart of thematic activities and first-hand experiences, which will motivate and challenge all children through investigative and creative learning.
- Encourage all children to develop character traits, attributes and behaviours which are central to the ethos of the school and community and rooted in mutual respect.
- Use the language of virtues to help children to be successful learners and members of society, particularly focussing on the virtues of Respect, Responsibility, Perseverance, Honesty and Kindness.
- Seek to develop active learners with lively and enquiring minds through the establishment of a firm foundation of positive attitudes through the language of ‘growth mindset’, and an understanding of themselves as learners.
“Action without vision is only passing time; vision without action is merely day dreaming; but vision with action can change the world.”